Hot Yoga Times Square
Ways to Boost Your Immune System against Coronavirus
At Hot Yoga in Times Square we know the best defense against any influenza is a strong immune system. As coronavirus outbreaks spread across the globe, most people are doing whatever they can to stay safe. Canceling travel plans to affected countries, stockpiling disinfectants, and self-isolating are some of the conventional techniques used today. Although there is no way to avoid being infected entirely, there are a few ways you can boost your immune system. Here are some of the ways to boost your immune system against COVID-19:
1. Get enough sleep
One of the ways you can facilitate the production of melatonin from your pineal gland is by sleeping. To get better sleep and boost immunity, avoid the blue light emitted from your screens (phone, laptops, and TV) and do not take heavy late meals because they are difficult to digest. You do not need to sleep more but better. There are two different cycles of deep sleep that help refurbish your immune system. Ensure you get the best sleep through each of the cycles.
2. Eat a wholesome organic diet
One of the ways you can facilitate the production of melatonin from your pineal gland is by sleeping. To get better sleep and boost immunity, avoid the blue light emitted from your screens (phone, laptops, and TV) and do not take heavy late meals because they are difficult to digest. You do not need to sleep more but better. There are two different cycles of deep sleep that help refurbish your immune system. Ensure you sleep through each of the cycles.
3. Enjoy nature
Although some people are preferring isolating themselves from the world to avoid greeting or being exposed to coronavirus patients, getting fresh air can make your immune system more active. Fresh air stimulates the immune cells, facilitates blood and lymph circulation, thus boosting your overall immune system. Deep breaths and relaxing exercises, for instance, yoga, can help your body relax, absorb more oxygen, and get better sleep in the long run.
4. Drink tulsi tea
Tulsi is well-known in reducing fever, stress, and headache. Additionally, the tea clears your lungs, thus facilitates breathing. Coronavirus mainly affects the respiratory system causing difficulties in breathing, among other related problems. Therefore, drinking tulsi tea will not only improve your health but also soothe you. Tulsi tea-making ingredients are readily available and affordable. As a result, consider taking tulsi tea regularly to optimize your immune system against coronavirus.
5. Take Vata balancing breaks every day
When you are feeling tired or stressed, consider taking Vata balancing breaks. You can take walks, slow flow, mindfulness practices, or restorative yoga. An ideal break should be at least 20 minutes long. Numerous exercises can help you burn excess fats before you get to restorative yoga. If you have an hour, come to hot yoga in NYC.
6. Rely on immune boosters like vitamin C.
To further boost your immune system, follow these tips:
- Remove sugars from your diet because excess sugars destroy the white blood cells.
- Exercise – tai chi, yoga, ChiBall, and qi gong are excellent in cleansing your lymphatic system and strengthening your immunity.
- Probiotics – since friendly bacteria in the gut are depleted with time, you should take fermented foods like miso, tempeh, and sauerkraut. In case you are taking antibiotics, consider doubling up fermented foods intake.
- Eat for the season. For instance, soup, root vegetable, casseroles, and slow-cooked stew are ideal during the winter season.
- Consume more garlic and onion because they are rich in selenium and antioxidants. Garlic and onion promote your health because they contain antibacterial and antiviral properties.
Hot on Yoga NYC wants to help you take necessary preventive measures to stay healthy in the current climate. Follow the tips discussed above to boost your health and pay close attention to news and updates from the WHO/CDC to be informed. After all, prevention is better than cure!